Sunday, December 21, 2008

Crunch

On our way home from church today... okay, we weren't going straight home, we were going to the pizza buffet because I didn't want to bother with cooking.. we were stopped at a sign waiting for our turn to cross Clinton Street in Goshen, and a GREAT BIG GIANT ENORMOUS Hummer came sliding quickly into the little tiny itsy bitsy Buick that we were driving. The guy said he was trying to stop, but the impact he made said that maybe he wasn't trying quite soon enough.. granted, there was some ice, but yikes! Anyway, we got crunched.. in my dad's car. We drove it home, but I think it'll probably get totalled. We ended up switching into our new Pathfinder and driving to the ER. I wanted to make sure and have Manasseh checked out (he isn't big enough to tell us if he's hurting, AND I remember that they've said any time a little guy gets jostled a lot, he should be checked out as far as shaken infant stuff goes). Also I got myself checked out, I was pretty sore from my neck to my lower back. I got Xrays, the doctor didn't like what she saw I guess and ordered a CAT scan. Turns out it's whiplash, nothing broken. So I'm on pain medication and on rest and ice. What a time of year for that.. I had so many plans for today and for Tuesday. I'm hurt, but will recover sometime in the next week to couple months. We're thankful, it could have been much worse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment