Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weed Week - Garlic Mustard Pesto Sauce


Randy and Ihave been talking off and on about trying some garlic mustard recipes. It's a good way to get rid of some invasive plants, and have a cheap meal! Yesterday after Ryan was home from school, we walked to the woods across the street and started pulling. We only pulled for about 10 minutes and had 2 full walmart bags of garlic mustard. There's still so much over there that needs to be pulled. We (okay, I) decided that we should try having weed week and eat a different food made with weeds every day for a week. So here I will evaluate each weed food.

Monday - Garlic Mustard Pesto Sauce

Finely chopped garlic mustard leaves
ground walnuts
garlic
olive oil
parmisean cheese
salt

We like pesto, but we've never made it ourselves. WOW. This was great. I freezed what we didn't use and plan to make more as soon as I get more cheese and oil. I didn't measure anythinw ith cups and spoons.. just by taste, that's how I cook. Ryan liked it on garlic bread with cheese on top. Manasseh spit it out. Randy and I had it on garlic bread, and on pasta. Great stuff. Dad recommended trying it on pitas or on chips.

0 comments:

Post a Comment