Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Birds, Sad Squirrels #PerkyPets

We love nature.  It is so rewarding to watch my boys get excited about nature.  Would you believe that they still get excited every time we get a new bird feeder?  They like to help fill them and peek over the back of the couch to watch the birds that visit.  Manasseh even got binoculars for Christmas that will help him watch birds when we spend time together in the woods!
Our newest friend to birds
Last week we got the "Squirrel Slammer Wild Bird Feeder" from Perky Pets!  It has a 3.5 pound capacity for bird seed!  I love the size because it means I don't have to refill it every week in the winter.  I also love that it makes the birds happy and the squirrels sad.  Don't get me wrong, I like squirrels too - but it's kind of annoying when they steal our bird seed.

See the plastic shield?  I am beginning to put pressure on the seed area to close the ports here.
This feeder has a plastic shield above the ports that keeps rainwater out while allowing birds plenty of space for perching while they grab a bite.

The buffet is closed, sad squirrels!
When a larger animal tries to take seeds, they pull a shield over the feeding ports, disabling them from reaching fresh seeds.  I love the simplicity of the design!

Visit Perky Pets and tell me your favorite feeder!


0 comments:

Post a Comment