Tuesday, April 17, 2012

6,000 Steps to a Better Attitude

I'll be the first to admit that I was tired and cranky yesterday.  I don't know why I felt so tired, but I wanted to get thing done - so when it came to nap time, I just wanted my sweet 2 and 3 year olds to lay down and sleep!

Do you ever have those days?

This is when Grouchy Mommy appeared and took over for a while.  Somewhere in the back of my mind, Healthy Mommy softly spoke to me about taking a walk.  I decided we would go to the library as soon as I could get everyone ready.  But gracious, I just wanted a few minutes of quiet.  Grouchy and Healthy had a battle that lasted about an hour.  Grouchy still was not entirely quelled when it was time to set foot out the door.

Great news!  A 3 mile walk (roughly 6,000 steps) helped Grouchy Mommy to go away.  I got fresh air, exercise, and just felt better in general.  We're still working on changing our mindset about getting a good long walk in during the day, but it's coming along.  I've just got to convince myself that it is best for all of us - and when our 90+ degree summer weather hits, I need to remind myself that this is for my precious boys.

What helps you to gain a better attitude when the Grouch inside tries to take over and ruin your day?

2 comments:

  1. Bible or a devotional... and Ryan is awesome because he discovered that if he orders me to sing praise songs when I'm down it makes me feel soo much better. (I'm like 'I don't want to' but then it works! It really does.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Mr. Crum was frustrated with the boys the other day, they started singing "Holy, Holy, Holy"... he couldn't stay mad.

    ReplyDelete