Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's working!

Okay, so I've shared several times about our commitment to get moving - to walk for health, finances, and environment.

Guess what - it's working!  This week has been a test for me - we have been pretty busy and I'm not getting as many steps as I'd like.  My goal is 10,000 steps a day.  When I have appointments and meetings in offices, I do a lot of sitting and I don't reach 10k very quickly.

This week to counteract the meetings, we've been walking the zoo!  It opened on Saturday.  From last Tuesday to yesterday I lost 3 pounds!  This is the best I've done since Baby came in October... okay, well - I lost 50 pounds really fast - but since then I've just been stalling.

I've GOT to get more weight off to help with control of my blood sugars - sooo.. we continue to walk!  You know what?  I like it.  My kids love it - Monkey begs me every day to walk.  We are learning a healthier way of living.

What are you doing to be healthier this week?

4 comments:

  1. I decided to bite the bullet and ask my dr for meds to help fight my fatigue...and I have energy again. :) DEFINITELY a huge plus for my health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoorah! I bet you even got more steps than me today. (6029) - I did not get to the goal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I restarted the Couch to 5K. This time I'll finish. I also played on the Wii Fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are doing great! keep it up~!

    ReplyDelete