I sit in our newly rearranged "computer" room, looking at the mess on the floor, and thinking about the next year in my house. There are a lot of things I want to happen, a lot of changes I want to make. I know, however, that I don't have any magic fairy dust to instantly change my own behaviors. I know it is a struggle to make real lasting changes in my own busy life. I have 3 little boys, a full time job in the summer that I volunteer for the rest of the year - we are busy people.
For this reason I have decided that I want to join the "Sistahood" at Mamavation. This is a group of bloggers that are ready to encourage and support each other as we reach toward the goals that we struggle for on our own. I need help folks. Change is hard. The sistahood does not have magic fairy dust for me either - but they do offer regular help and encouragement. I am looking forward to being part of this dynamic group in the near future!
Now: My resolutions for the year?
* Be more consistent in my daily schedule with the boys. We have gotten our morning routine down pretty well, but there are a few things that we need to improve.
* Exercise at the gym at least 3 times a week. We were doing very well until Thanksgiving - then after my miscarriage it was difficult to get back into the routine.
* Organize, organize, organize. I plan to share a bit about our steps toward organization in the home (and at work) in the coming months.
* Get back to good, healthy eating. We have slipped and been eating some things that are not on our "good" list. We will be returning to vegetarian - mostly vegan - eating on January 2. Why the 2nd? I have a family reunion tomorrow and want to be realistic.
* Enjoy some "me" time regularly, working on hobbies, getting in quiet time, refreshing myself so I can have better quality time with my family.
Do you have some goals in the new year? I would love to hear about your goals and how you intend to reach them. Please leave your comments in the space below!
|One of my reasons for healthier living.|