Thursday, January 7, 2010

Diseases

One of our boys has a fear of getting diseases from other people - like the kid on the bus that laughs all the time for no reason and the boy at school that drools a lot. He thinks that if they touch him, or drool on him, he'll get their "disease".

This morning as he was getting ready for his respite care, I asked him to put his bag on the sofa. He looked at me and said "I don't want to get sick." "Huh? why would putting your bag on the sofa make you sick," asked I. "Um.. uh... er....." he paused. "I heard someone say that you were sick and I don't want to get sick."

So I think maybe we have a little confusion - maybe he heard someone say that I was going to the hospital, or someone may have asked me how I was feeling (no one asks you that so often when you're NOT pregnant). Somehow he got the idea that I'm sick and if I touch his stuff, he might get a disease!

0 comments:

Post a Comment