Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sabbath

My life is crazy busy. I don't know how I make it through the week sometimes without being completely exhausted. I have appointments almost every day for one or another of the boys. A week ago, I had NOTHING on my calendar for this week. Now I have something every day... every day but Thursday, that is.

When I noticed that my empty week was quickly beginning to fill in, I decided that I had to do something about it. I declared that Thursday will be Sabbath and I will not schedule anything on that day -- I've had a few things vying for a position on that day, but I kindly declined with "I'm not available". It worked!

Now, it's almost 11pm on Wednesday evening and I'm trying to figure out what it means that I'm taking a Sabbath rest tomorrow. I've spent a bit of time looking at articles online about Sabbath Laws and practices. I can't quite figure out what it will mean in my life though. It's nice to think that I won't do any work, but the truth is - someone has to change diapers and keep Manasseh from climbing everything, and the children still need fed.

I'm in a quandary right now, I hope tomorrow evening I will have an answer about what it meant to have a Sabbath rest. I plan to start scheduling a rest day every week (I think it might already be too late for next week).

Next I have to figure out how to make sure that my husband and children get a day of rest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment