Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tingly Legs

We are gearing up for Win, Lose, or Blog.  Monday's new challenge in preparing was to increase water.  I have heard that a good amount of water for weight loss is 1 oz for every 2 pounds of weight you currently wear.  I weigh about 185 - so I need to try drinking 90 - 100 ounces of water a day.  I rarely make it even though I know it is a healthy habit.  In fact, I'm much more likely to drink soda or coffee than water.

As I am preparing myself mentally for the competition, I am also working to prepare my body and my schedule.  Yesterday I finished about 50 oz of water.  Today - well, I haven't started on water quite yet.

This morning I have tingly legs.  Do you ever get that itchy, tingly feeling when you exercise?  You know, the one that says your blood is circulating in a way that it should be and hasn't done for a while.  It's not a huge accomplishment I suppose, but I'm out of the habit of intentionally walking for the purpose of exercise.
Schwinn Scout Bicycle Trailer - Converts to Double Stroller
Photo from Amazon.com
First thing this morning we loaded up the Scwinn Scout Bike Trailer/Jogging stroller and took off for the park.  Manasseh and I took a 30 minute brisk walk.  Thank you Fort Wayne Trails for maintaining clear easy paved paths through some beautiful natural areas.  I am enjoying learning about the trail system with my boys!

1 comment: