Hi there. Remember me? Remember that I'm on a weigh loss journey right now with Win, Lose, or Blog? Have you checked in to see how I'm doing? I'm not going to tell you here - you'll have to check my latest report!
I'm here to tell you about how I keep myself safe as a diabetic, exercising in a variety of places. I am concerned for my safety as well as the safety of my children who are frequently with me when I'm exercising out of the house. Can you imagine how confusing and frightening it would be for my boys if mommy had some sort of diabetic event while we were taking our 3 mile walk to the library, or hiking in the woods somewhere? The oldest is 4, he has very little information to give an emergency worker, or a stranger that was trying to help out. SO - I looked for solutions to this problem and I stumbled across a program that I think is magnificent and gives me the peace of mind that I need while I'm out with my boys.
Here is what I love about this ID:
1) It's purple! (or 5 other colors if you don't like purple).
2) The back of my Wrist ID has a personal ID and code so emergency workers can access vital information about me in the event of an emergency.
3) This ID came with a year of service! (That promotion appears to be over - a year of service is only $19.99 at this time).
4) The Road ID program allows me to input and change my personal information any time I need to do so. I have set my own access ID and password so that I'm free to do so from my computer any time.
5) It's comfortable. I always put it on before taking my boys outside, and usually forget about it until bed.
6) It's reflective. Yep, another way to let people know I'm there when I'm out at night!
7) The information is laser-engraved, it is not going to wear off quickly when worn again and again.
8) I can wear it in the water with no concern for damaging it.
After buying the Wrist ID, I still had some money in my card. I searched and searched for just the right product. Let me tell you, they have a lot of safety products that I really love and their prices are excellent. I finally settled on the "Firefly Suernova" A bright light that I can attach to my pants, stroller, sock, purse... whatever I've got with me when I'm out in the early morning or evening. The boys think it's cool because I chose green. I love it because it gives me an added feeling of security. I know that this light is very bright and can be seen from a great distance. I am certain I won't be one of those people that you drive up next to and nearly hit because you didn't see them walking down the street in their dark clothes at night! One of our favorite features is that you can just flip the battery over to select between a flashing light and a solid light!
Whether we're hiking a trail, walking to the library, biking together, or just playing at the park; Road ID is part of my safety routine. I wear it everywhere. I strongly recommend that if you are exercising in public OR if you have potentially life threatening health complications - you check into Road ID. Take care of yourself!
How do you take care of yourself when you're exercising? Have you heard of Road ID? Check out their website, tell me your favorite product.
***Disclosure: I have received a product or products free for the purpose of promotion. All opinions are my own.***