Monday, October 8, 2012

Spliting Up: No Cereal Breakfast

Oh yes, the breakfast BANANA SPLIT!
I could tell you how much my boys begged for more, but try it at your home and see how it works out for you.  I've actually served this one to them before, but they don't remember - and I'm glad.  The last version had chocolate drizzle on it - while that was certainly tasty - this was healthy and they loved it just the same.

My recipe for the day

1/2 banana, split down the middle
1/2 apple thinly sliced
1/2 prune plum thinly sliced
1 hand full of cranberry raisins
1 sprinkle of grape nut cereal
(okay, so it wasn't entirely cereal free)

makes 1 breakfast

This tasty breakfast varies with the seasons and sales.  We were out of oranges or they definitely would have had some.  Peanut butter would be a fantastic addition as well.

What are your favorite banana split toppings?

Grab button for Wellness Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. Jen, This looks like a very yummy breakfast! I have a grain-free granola recipe I've been wanting to try. It would probably be perfect on this. Thanks for sharing on Wellness Wednesdays. This is going to be my kids breakfast....as soon as I make that granola :)

    ReplyDelete