Monday, February 27, 2012

Busy Bag Activity #3

Our third busy bag activity is a cardboard shoe. 

 This shoe is a DIY project and is designed to help your little one practice tying! 
 Monkey is no where near ready to tie shoes, but he thinks the shoe is fascinating. 


 This is something I made several years ago for a preschool class I was teaching. It's really simple to make. 


Here's what I did:
 I traced one of my shoes onto a cereal box, then I cut it out. I glued the box to some 
fabric, and cut it to the same shape/size. I happened to work in a daycare where I could laminate things - so I laminated my new cardboard shoes. I punched 6 holes in the shoes with scissors and inserted brightly colored laces. That's it. It's that easy. I think if I were to do it now, at home - I would just use a cardboard box and not even worry about making it pretty or sturdy. They're cheap and easy to come by, they're also quick to make.

0 comments:

Post a Comment