Thursday, February 23, 2012

Eating well, living well

I'm really good at eating well - most of the time.  I could do better, popcorn 3 or 4 night a week is not great.  I think really it's the late evening snacks that kill us as far as food goes.  We like to relax and have a snack together before bed time.


What's really a killer for me though is exercise.  If I'm going to really be "living well"  I've got to get on top of that!


Exciting news: We got an exercise bike this week at Salvation Army for just $10.  Then we got a treadmill from an online garage sale site for $30!  So, now we've got the equipment taking up our former "tv" room.  Truthfully we hardly ever used that room anyway.  I'm working on pumping myself up, convincing myself that I want to use these things.  Using them until it hurts, and then a little more.  


Here's the problem:  I need motivation.  It's a struggle.  My blood sugars have been crazy recently and without exercise they are not going to get better.  If they don't get better I am going to kill my organs.  I don't want that.  I want my boys to have their mama around and functioning in their lives for a very long time.


So my question to you is this:  How do you motivate yourself into regular exercise?  What kinds of routines do you use in the winter?  Do you have any old Richard Simmons videos that you want to mail to me?  (okay, that part was a joke - mostly).  

1 comment:

  1. You could try displaying an outfit that you really want to wear / wear again in a prominant place that you'll see regularly. Alternatively, you could display pictures of a glucose meter with a good level on it, pictures of your boys, or sentences/quotes/affirmations that inspire you.
    Best of luck,
    MrsWJAA

    ReplyDelete