Friday, July 15, 2011

"Eat your vegetables"...

and other things my 3 year old surprises me with.

Today my boys had frozen mixed vegetables for lunch.  Yes, I served them frozen.  For some reason my boys are much more inclined to eat veggies this way.  Monkey saw that I had crackers left over from our morning mom meeting - and begged for some.  I agreed that he could have some - AFTER he ate his vegetables.  You know what?  He ate every last bit of veggie on his plate!

Crackers hemmed and hawed about eating his veggies.  He's only 18 months old, but generally a very good eater.  It doesn't bother me as much if he avoids his veggies - he'll get them in another meal.  Monkey is a fruit guy, not a veggie guy - he avoids them.

I let Crackers be done with lunch before his veggies were gone, he was ready for nap anyway.  Big brother, however, was not satisfied with the lack of vegetables in little guy's diet.  He picked up Cracker's plate and followed him - demanding, "eat your vegetables!"

You know what?  Crackers ate EVERY vegetable on the plate.  When he tried to stop with 2 tiny pieces of corn left, Monkey picked the corn up and shoved it into Cracker's waiting mouth.

Too funny - maybe I should make Monkey the food police in our house and get them both to eat it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment