Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine

He claimed to be a Super Hero.  It's true, that was his "profession" when I first saw his profile on the dating website 6 years ago.  I found out that what he really did for a living was somewhat less noble, but still qualified for superhero status on many accounts.  You see, he made buckets for ice cream.  In my book - anyone that helps ice cream has a supreme status.


We met for the first time at a coffee shop in my home town.  We sat under the moon and sipped a bit of brew.  He was wonderful, we had such a great time over coffee that we decided to take a walk.  We walked from the coffee shop to the dam pond (where months later he proposed to me).  There was still a little time to kill before I had to go to work, so we went to lunch at a nearby Chinese buffet.
the_electric_brew_-_by_simonh_-_001.jpg

Coffee, hiking, and Chinese food were marks of our short dating relationship.  We were engaged after 4 months and married 3 months later.  It's true, we moved quickly.  I guess, sometimes you just know it is right.

Today we have 3 beautiful boys and he is still a super hero.  He does not make ice cream buckets anymore, instead he helps turn books into ebook formats.  He helps care for our children.  When things are tough, he helps care for me.  He has learned to fix a variety of household troubles.  Randy is helping the boys learn how to live honorably as gentlemen who follow God's prompting.

I am so glad to be married to Randy.  I am truly a blessed woman.

Photo by Manasseh Crum
Happy Valentine's Day.



1 comment:

  1. I like the photo that Manasseh took... it shows that he has a bit of his great-grandpa Billey in him. #FingersInThePhoto

    ReplyDelete