Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rachel and the TreeSchoolers: Review

We are a pre-homeschool family.  Next year Manasseh will officially start Kindergarten.  This year both of our older boys are doing preschool activities and work.  We love learning!  The boys were super excited about the chance to review Rachel and the TreeSchoolers: A Rainy Day.

TreeSchoolers DVD+CD: A Rainy Day
This video uses music, story, sign language, and questions to help draw preschoolers into the lesson and really understand and apply it to their minds.  I love the education model that Rachel uses with the children.  My boys were instantly drawn into the problem at hand: a bird who is afraid of a storm.  I also love that this tackles a subject that is very relevant to young children.  In fact, I wish I would have had this video when I worked with Jr. High boys in a children's home.  One of my favorite features of this DVD is that it comes with a CD that has all of the songs on it.  This means that we can take it with us.  I frequently find my boys singing the songs on their own as they recall the lesson.  I would love to see more videos in this series and use them with my boys as learning tools in the future.

My boys love the catchy music.  Even my 3 year old that does not sit still for anything on television was captivated by this video.  They also were extremely excited that the characters learned about kindness.  They  like to remind each other to be kind.  They are proud that they know some new signs and I am certain that when we start to get into yucky stormy weather, they will recall the lesson again and again!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment