Sunday, June 5, 2011

31 Days to Clean!

Want to know a secret?  I am a mess.  It's true.  I like to have things neat and tidy - and I keep my "work" space neat... I used to always keep my house cleaned too.. . then I went from being a single lady to being a married mother of an infant and a teenager in just over a year... and somehow I got overwhelmed by the task of cleaning and I stayed that way.

Even after the "big boys" left our house, I find it hard to keep up with the cleaning.  Staying home with a 1 year old and a 2 year old is a lot sometimes.  It makes me feel angry at times, and very frustrated.  I often feel defeated by clutter and over-run by laundry.

I was talking to my friend Melissa about this last week and she recommended that I look into a book that she just ordered.  It's called 31 Days to Clean.  Honestly?  I'm not big on "how to" books... but as I read the website for 31 Days to Clean, I got excited!

Here's the deal for my readers.  I'm going to do this challenge (and do it well).  I'll blog about my progress every 2-3 days.  At the end of 3 weeks I will have a drawing and one of my readers will have an opportunity to win a free copy of this fantastic e-book.  This contest will be a little different than normal.  In fact, tomorrow I plan to post a quick "pre-view" and some ways to enter the contest.... here's a heads up - for EACH post you'll be able to leave a relevant comment and earn an entry into the contest.  You'll have LOTS of chances to enter over the next 3 weeks as I work on changing my feelings of overwhelmed into feelings of conquering!

Thanks for reading - if you leave a relevant comment on this post you will be entered to win the giveaway in 3 weeks!

4 comments:

  1. hey! i'm really excited that you're doing this... no need to enter me in the contest, but i look forward to your progress! maybe i should do the same thing :) i bought the book... now it's time to implement it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this. I feel like a mess a lot, too. I'm interested to read about your journey to cleanliness!

    szogediek at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing me to the book! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested to hear how thus goes for you, then maybe there is hope for me and messes.
    Cherynlc at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete