Friday, March 16, 2012

Foodie Friday: Breakfast for Lunch

I think this had to be my boy's favorite lunch all week.  I loved it too because it was simple and so much fun to prepare!


I started off with silver dollar sized pancakes.  Did you know these are super easy to make?  I'm kind of a dork, I guess, because I never knew!  I've never had any good reason to try making them.  Now, I've got toddlers and they like pancakes.  I figure, if I give them one big pancake they will want more, but if I give them 5 tiny ones, they'll be satisfied.  Something about the visual effect of it all.  (It totally worked).


I can't take complete credit for this idea.  It came from a book we borrowed from the library.  I wish I could tell you what it was, but I got a bunch of cooking books one day and now they're all back.  I think they stacked kiwi, strawberry, and blueberry on their skewers.

By the way, lunch on a stick - it doesn't matter what it is - is fun.


I served the leftover fruit in bowls - the boys put them on their skewers, it's more fun that way.

What's the most fun lunch you made this week?



0 comments:

Post a Comment