Poop, Spit up, Snot, Dirt, Grime...
You name the stain, we fight it! As we prepared to bring Baby home, we started looking more intensely at safe soaps for laundry. Our soaps have to be able to fight stains, and leave diapers clean. I generally make my own laundry soap, but for diapers and stains I like to have something a little fancier than what I can make myself.
Charlie's Soap claims to "clean everything from false teeth to diesel engines". Soaps with this powerful of a claim scare me just a bit - what kind of crazy chemical do they have in them that is going to melt the grime off of a diesel engine? But, they claim to be non-toxic, safe, and biodegradable.
We put Charlie's Laundry Pre-Spray to the test first. I shared some with my sister, who told me she had gotten blood on some clothes and sprayed them several hours later - the stain came out with no difficulty. I tried it on some blood stains as well, no problem! I found some stained toddler clothes that had already been washed, so the stains were very well set in. The pre-spray did not remove those stains. A few days ago, I was looking at my shower curtain. I saw red finger paint on it. Do you remember Monkey's red finger paint day? If not, look at the picture below... this has been a couple of months ago, I am not sure why it hadn't been cleaned yet. I sprayed the curtain with Chralie's Pre-Spray and it came out in only one wash!
Boys make messes. Good soap is important. We love the clean that we get with Charlie's Laundry Powder.
From the Charlie's Soap Website:
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Charlie's Soap
- Only use one (1) tablespoon per large load!
- Safe for all HE machines.
- Softeners are not recommended or needed. That means even greater savings on your laundry!
- Non-toxic & completely biodegradable.
- Safe and effective for all fabrics, including silk, wool, linen, cotton and high-tech micro fibers.
- Contains no clays, dyes, phosphates, ultraviolet brighteners or perfumes.
- Will not fade your colors.
- Removes entrapped odors from athletic wear.
Charlie's Soap has generously offered to send one of my readers an 80 load powdered detergent as well as a bottle of laundry pre-spray! Fill out the Rafflecopter form below to enter.