Tuesday, December 14, 2010

...and moving forward

Yesterday I took some time to look back over the past year.  Today I want to share a bit about my plans and desires for the coming year.  Resolutions? Nah.. Hopes, goals, plans?  A combination of these!


I want to work on loving my husband more.  I intend to practice using his love languages and working hard to let him know that I appreciate him.  When I feel like griping because... well, for all the reasons I gripe to myself... instead, I will try to remind myself of the reasons that I am grateful.


 One thing that has been on  my mind over the past month is that I want to be "a new kind of mom".  Now, the problem is, I don't know exactly what that means in my life.  I do know that it means focusing more on the quality of my time with my family.  We have a lot of time together and do a lot of things together, but I want to make it good.  I also know that there is a HUGE component related to faith education.  We are not failing, but we definitely could use some big improvement.  See, because, if my kids aren't learning about faith at home, they are not learning it ANYWHERE.  This kills me (pardon me if you are offended by this statement) - my kids are not learning about Christ at church.  Crazy, huh?  Manasseh is 2 1/2 and when he's not in the Sunday service with us, he's playing - NOT learning about the story of God's interaction with his people.  I know, I know - I need to do something about it if that bothers me. 

That brings me to my next point, it's recently come to my knowledge that I need to begin looking at children's ministry positions again.  I need to find a full time position in a church, where I can have lead parents, grandparents, friends, neighbors, teachers, etc.  I was called in to children's ministry MANY years ago, and have pursued this call, but it has taken different shapes and faces over the years.  So, at the start of the year, I will officially begin my search.  (This means it's time to update my resume again).


Personally? Oh so many things that I need work on.  I HAVE to get in control of my diabetes.  We haven't had insurance since June, so I've been at a stand-still, but it can't wait any longer.  We'll have insurance at the start of the year, and I can't neglect that part of my well-being any longer.  I am going to dive in to relationships with other women in the area (look out Mom Time ladies, you're on my hit list).  I've been starving for relationships since we moved and I know it's not healthy for anyone in my house!  My God-life is on an upswing right now, I need to keep that up and even do some more intentional time.

We've got a few bills that we are hoping to pay off after the start of the year.  That will free us up financially in a big way... I'm sure there will be plenty of things to eat up that freedom - like fixing the dryer and the drain for the washer, I can't figure out what happened with that! 

That's the short version.  I could ramble all day long about what I want to do with my family, my house, my money.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment