Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Egg-free, Peanut-free, Gluten-free, Low-carb life (did I mention we don't eat much meat)

Okay, so a couple of months ago we found out that Cassius is allergic to egg whites and peanuts, since I breastfeed, I had to avoid those foods for a period of one month, then try eating them again to see how he reacted.  He reacted with some pretty good congestion.. no more eggs and peanuts for me until he is done nursing!

Several years ago I was confirmed to be diabetic... that means, low carb goodness for me.  Not an easy task, especially for a bread lover in a family of bread lovers!

A couple of weeks ago Cash's therapist recommended that we try a gluten-free diet with Manasseh to help with "hyperactivity" (for the record, I don't think he's hyperactive.. I think he's 2 1/2).  I did a little bit of reading about gluten free diets and symptoms of gluten intolerance and I wonder if he might have some difficulty with gluten.

SO... officially today, we start our new diet.  It's not as bad as it sounds, it just takes some creativity!

Tuesday night - Chili and broccoli (the chili had soyrizzo in it instead of meat)
Wednesday - Breakfast: Yogurt, Lunch: Cocktail wieners, carrots with taziki sauce, tomatoes, and bananas, Dinner: Hot Italian sausages with sauted onions and peppers.
Thursday - Breakfast: Bananas and Blueberries (yogurt for mama, no fruit), Lunch: Cheese Quesedillas on corn tortillas, tomatoes, frozen veggies, Dinner: Veggie Stir Fry with Brown rice and oranges
Friday - Breakfast: Egg (for Manasseh), Oatmeal for mama and Cash, Lunch:  Cheese soup, salad, yogurt Dinner: Meatloaf with applesauce and cornbread instead of eggs and crackers, Mashed Garlic Cauliflower,  Chinese green beans
Saturday- Daddy date with Manasseh for breakfast and Lowes, Mama and Cash will eat cereal while Nasa's away, Lunch: Parmesan breaded chicken, salad, oranges, Dinner: Tacos with beans (not meat) and corn tortillas, applesauce.

Not so bad, huh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment