Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Imperfect Organization: Morning Routine

This mama does not like mornings.  If I had my way I would sleep until 9 or 10 every day and stay up until 1 or 2 every morning.  Unfortunately, my boys like morning.  They wake up ready to go, I stumble around trying to figure out what I need to get done.  The boy's schedule had been fairly relaxed and unstructured.  BUT - we want to homeschool.  Manasseh is 4.5 and we are starting some kindergarten skills with him.  Structure is important.  Organization is key.

To help the boys know what needs to get done every morning, and to help me as I bumble through the cloudiness that some people call morning - I created a wall chart.  It made a difference for all of us immediately!  Cassius has since removed the chart from the wall multiple times, but the boys have it memorized and we revert to it as often as necessary to get our day going.  This simple, 6 step visual routine has helped us get organized.


How do you help your kids get ready to start their days?

0 comments:

Post a Comment