Friday, May 27, 2011

Flats & Handwashing, Corn Poo & Travelling

I don't know why it didn't cross my mind that it was a bad idea to give Crackers corn for dinner on a week that I'm committed to handwashing diapers but... oh how I wish I had thought of it.  I did remember (with complete certainty) that dinner tonight should absolutely NOT include corn... 

My poor little guy just doesn't digest that fantastically fabulous food very well - maybe because he neglects to chew it!  It tasted so good, but poor Crackers had a rough belly day today!  Poor mama had a rough cleaning day today.  

Okay okay, the truth is - I'm avoiding the washing... that's why I'm writing at this very moment!  We drove to my parent's house for the weekend with a bag of nasty dipes in the back of the van and he made sure to give us another dipe to clean before he went to bed.

So here I am, 10:45 pm - 1 spare dry dipe to my name which I HOPE he doesn't use until morning... avoiding handwashing... why?  Well - I left my wash board and drying racks at home.  I did it on purpose, I thought it would be a fun change to the challenge.

What was I thinking?  How in the world is washing corn poo without the use of my wash board going to be fun?  Where am I going to hang dipes to dry at my parent's house?  They have wood floors all over, I'm sure they don't want drippy wet dipes hanging above their beautiful floors.

An adventure?  Certainly... I guess I should head toward the bathroom and pull the stopper out of the tub where the nasties are waiting and soaking...

0 comments:

Post a Comment