Sunday, April 17, 2011

Okay, so I'm a dork...

Right, I know... some of you are already aware, this is no big revelation to you at all.  I always have been a dork, haven't I?  I don't mind - dorks are fun, maybe a bit quirky, but generally lovable.

Why have I declared my dork-dom today?  Well - My sister has been telling me about Swagbucks for a while.  I'm pretty sure that everyone already uses Swagbucks.    In case you don't know what it is, I'll give you a short summary: Swagbucks is a search engine that allows you to earn points, these add up over time and you can actually use your points to buy products online -- just for using their search engine.  Unfortunately, you don't earn "bucks" for every search you do.

Anyway, back to the dorkiness.  I'm totally addicted.  I spent a good portion of my evening playing the new "Swagbucks game" at my sister's house.  That is, looking up any question we could think of and seeing what strange answers we could get - also, seeing how many points we could earn.  I don't like it that you don't earn points on every search, but I guess that people could spend their days playing the Swagbucks game with no real purpose, and Swagbucks would be broke and have to close.

(I just won 12 Swagbucks when I searched "teach my dog to yodel").  Yep, I'm playing the "game" this morning while Crackers downs some cereal.  You can earn Swagbucks too.  You probably already knew that.  If you haven't checked it out though, sign up and try it for a little while.  You can even use my Swagbucks links, if you sign up using me as a referral, I get Swagbucks (I think).

0 comments:

Post a Comment