Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweetest Wool Booties

First off, you should know that I LOVE Etsy.  I could spend hours looking at all kinds of amazing hand-made products in great shops.  I love it that shopping on Etsy allows me to support artists, stay at home parents, grandparents, second incomes, hobbyists, and incredible talent.

The other night, as I was browsing Etsy, I came across these:
Knit Lush Mouse Booties
OH MY GOODNESS!  I love them.  How sweet would these be for any baby!  (Have I mentioned I have 2 pregnant cousins and several pregnant friends?)   Everyone NEEDS a pair of these!  They're felted wool, so they'll be durable, and come in 3 sizes - tiny newborn up to 12 months.  Crackers has big feet, so I don't think they would fit him but OH how I wish they would! 

Update: I just talked with Knit Lush and she said she CAN make them in bigger sizes if requested to do so!

I wrote to Knit Lush and asked her about where she found the pattern.  She told me that she developed the pattern herself.  The first pair she created were the "lucy" booties for her best friend's baby girl.  Isn't that sweet?  They loved them so much that she created these sweet animals.  Right now her shop features cute bunnies, sweet mice, and an adorable raccoon!  (For the record, I think Crackers would need raccoons in his big foot size because he's a rascal).  

"Knit Lush specializes in highly unique and chic knit and felted wearables for all ages. Our "Inspired by nature, Made by hand" mission inspires all things Knit Lush; from patterns to final product we passionately uphold a promise of a quality handmade product. From felted bunny baby booties to knit fingerless gloves, there is something for everyone at Knit Lush and can now be shipped worldwide!"


Knit Lush makes other products too.  I also like their"spats".   I didn't know what those were, so I checked them out and I think they would be amazing for winter in Indiana.  Look at these:

Check out the Knit Lush shop today.  Order a pair of wool booties for someone you love.  Order some Spats for me! (=

0 comments:

Post a Comment