Friday, August 12, 2011

Plans

Do you ever have one of those days where you've gotten everything neatly planned out so it fits into a tidy package and you can accomplish several goals.... and then things just don't work?

Today has been one of those days.  My plan: head to this great garage sale for maternity clothes, then Hobby Lobby to get some elastic for diapers, next stop was the church to get things ready for Sunday.  After church we were going to head home for lunch, naps, and diaper repair.  Next it would be time to pick daddy up and relax a little before family night at church.

WELL...
I made it to the garage sale and my kids are going to have lunch pretty soon...
I'm awful - AWFUL at directions - I found the garage sale (kept google maps open on my computer all the way there) - then, well I don't know what happened - I tried to go to Hobby Lobby (on the north side of my town) and ended up on the south end of town - close to where we live.  Instead of driving back north, we chose to go home, watch an episode of Diego, and get ready for lunch.

The good news?  I found treasures - some maternity clothes super cheap... AND this (which I think might get stashed away for Christmas).
It's missing the training wheels, but Monkey can keep his balance on it pretty well.  Found it at another garage sale for $2 - can't beat that!


3 comments:

  1. Isn't that Aweful! I hate when Plans get messed up!! Last week I had to go show my cousin my Wedding dress and come home to bake my Fiance a cake cause it was his Birthday! Instead I got hit on and totalled his car.. Spent hours in the ER..Needless to say I still owe him a Birthday cake and a Car!!

    I love that little bike!! It's super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness - THAT is a rough change of plans! I hope you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. I always have a nice little "doable" list of things I know I can get done throughout the day. They don't get done. Lately, I feel accomplished if I get one thing done in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night.

    Love the bike - what a great deal! I love finding treasures at garage sales like that.

    ReplyDelete