Thursday, February 3, 2011

Book Review: The Shelter of God's Promises

I got this book at about the same time that our church was talking about God's promises.  Nice timing.
I love this book.  Sheila Walsh write about God's promises using both biblical reference and personal testimony.  I really appreciate that this is a book written from experience of the heart.  It is not easy to read because you have to stop and think about things.  I tend to like quick reads, but enjoyed this one as it had a lot to say to me personally.

I think one of my favorite lines in the entire book is about the promise of provision.  It says:
Don't be consumed by what you don't have.  Just bring what you do have to Jesus and watch what only He can do.

Thank you Sheila Walsh for challenging my biblical worldview.

This book was provided to me free for review from Thomas Nelson Publishers.  All opnions are my own and are not influenced by the author or the publisher.

1 comment: