Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentines Day

Love, Candy, Stuffed Animals, Flowers, Cards, Hearts, Lace...

What do you think of when you hear that Valentines Day is coming?  I used to think it was dumb.  I mean, why do we need a special day to celebrate love?  Shouldn't we be doing this every day?  You know my type, or maybe you are my type. 

Now, I have toddlers, 2 of them.. well, Crackers doesn't "toddle" per say, but he's 13 months old, so I guess he qualifies in that category.  Toddlers make all the difference in my feelings about the gushy mushy love holiday.  See, I stay home all day with my 2 boys, who I love dearly.  I feel incredibly blessed to be able to stay home with them.

My husband works 12 hours a day 3-4 days a week.  Oh, and we only have 1 car, so if we're going to leave the house at all, I have to get the boys up at 4:30 in the morning.. so we don't get out of the house much on days that Randy works.. and days he's off, well.. they're filled with errands.

I'm not complaining, I love this life.  But I understand now why I need a love holiday.  I need a reason to celebrate the mushy gushy love for my husband.  And I need him to celebrate me.

What about you?  What are your feelings about Valentine's Day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment