Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hold them tight



Tonight I am reminded about how precious the lives of my children are.  I know that there are children dying every day around the world.  Perfectly innocent babies and young children from all sorts of terrible things.  Unfortunately I do not often stop to think about these young people, most of whom are dearly loved by someone, and if they aren't - they should be. 

Tonight I learned of a tragedy a little closer to home.  A little girl that is associated with my family through a daycare where my mom, sister and I have all worked at some point, died.  She got sick yesterday and today she died.  Even with all of the crazy medical advances and health care that we have available, a sweet baby girl left her family on her 5th birthday.  Ouch.  I can't even begin to imagine.

I'm grieving and praying for the family of this sweet child.  So many questions.  It's going to be a tough season for them as they miss their little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenn, that's so tragic. Praying for peace & comfort for a loss I cannot begin to comprehend...

    ReplyDelete