Monday, January 24, 2011

Onion Pie



*This is not an egg-free recipe.

3 onions, thinly sliced.  The original recipe recommended vidalia onions.
1/4 c butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
1, 9 inch pie shell, baked
1/4 c parmesan cheese
1 pinch paprika
2 tbsp hot sauce
1/4 c parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 375.  Cook onions in butter until soft, reserve juices.  Mix onions with eggs and sour cream.  Add in juice from onions, butter and cheese until well blended.  Pour all ingredients into pie shell.  Top with cheese and paprika.  Bake 20 minutes.  Turn heat down to 350, bake an additional 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned on top.  Allow to cool before serving.


*** I am NOT a direction follower when it comes to my food.  This is not exactly how I made mine, I forgot things like "put cheese on top..." and "allow to cool".  I thought it was good warm, I enjoyed the onion pie.  Others were not quite as sold on it.  I think we would have preferred a little more egg, and we might have liked a crust - ours had no crust, as crusts have carbs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment