Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nursery Favorites


Okay, so the truth is, these are some of MY nursery favorites that I made sure were on our bookshelf in the boy's room.  There is one more that I was sure we had, The Best Nest, I guess that I mistaken, or maybe my boys have misplaced it.


The first book is A Colt Named Mischief by Sandy Rabinowitz.  This was one of my very favorites as a kid.  It is about a naughty horse (thus his name).  Dad wants to get rid of him, until he proves himself to be a hero.  A fantastic book that reminds us that sometimes a little mischief is what we need to take care of ourselves.


My second choice is The Monster at the End of This Book.  This is a Sesame Street book written by Jon Stone.  Grover is terribly afraid of the monster at the end of the book and will do anything he can think of to stop the reader from turning pages so the reader does not unveil the scary monster.
 
Next I have Are You My Mother.  This is an "I can read it all by myself beginner book"  by P.D. Eastman.  I loved P.D. Eastman's books and have several from this series.  In this book a baby bird is born and in search for his mother.  Why do I love it?  I suppose I love it because my grandparents used to have it in their library and I remember reading this book frequently on trips to their house.  It brings back great memories for me and I want my kids to love this book too.

 My final book is Tell Me Some More.. by Crosby Bonsall.  This is also an I Can Read book.  In this book Andres tells his friend Tim about a place filled with adventure.  On page 8 he says, "I know a place... where I can hold an elephant under my arm... the trunk and all."  We used to read this one at my Nonnie's house and it has sentimental value as well.  But I think I love it because it helps kids learn about this magical land of adventure, and I am not going to tell you where it is, but I am sure you can get to it within half an hour of anywhere in the US.  

Leave a comment, what books do you love in your nursery?  What are your favorite childhood books?

0 comments:

Post a Comment