Friday, January 7, 2011

Swollen

Crackers loves Nonnie's "Happy Apple"
  EGGS! Yuck!  We know this boy has an egg allergy.  He has reacted a few times to eggs in things, usually if there is egg in something he eats, he gets snotty and congested.  If he eats eggs by themselves, he gets a swollen face.

Tonight I shared my Chinese chicken salad with Crackers for dinner.  I went upstairs to take care of a potty need with Monkey (I know, don't leave your baby in the high chair).  When I came back down, Crackers had finished his dinner.  I pulled him out of the high chair to get him dressed and.... saw that his eyes were red and swollen, his face was splotchy, he had a light rash on his trunk and limbs... UGH!

Seriously?  I gave him the same food 2 nights ago for dinner.  He had no reaction to it then.  Maybe it's because somehow the egg in the mayonnaise somehow got stronger over 2 days?  I have no idea - I really hope it is not some strange new allergy.  I quickly gave him Benadryl - I wish I had gotten a picture  of his crazy redness.  He is still slightly swollen 2 hours later.  I guess that means no more products with any egg in them at all for a while.

Chinese Chicken Salad
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 can bamboo shoots, drained
1 can water chestnuts, drained
4 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
2 tsp minced onion
dash of soy sauce
a bit of mayo
5 spice seasoning, to taste

Mix everything together.  Serve over rice or noodles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment